The Open University Business Schoolは、世界をリードするトップクラスのビジネススクールの一つです。
The Open University Business School は、ビジネススクールおよびMBAの認定機関として権威ある3つの認定機関の認定、AACSB、EFMD EQUIS、およびAMBAを保有する、世界的にも最高レベルの評価を受けているMBAプログラムです。
The Open University Business School ３つのコアバリュー
- We are transforming management thinking
- We have taken down the boundaries between the academic and working world with our pioneering and practice-based approach: what is taught one day can be put into action the next, what is learnt is embedded in practice. Our research and teaching truly challenge the way professionals and organisastions work and learn around the world: we learn from professional while professional learn from us.
- We are responsible, inclusive and accessible
- We champion ethical standards, sustainable environmental development, and corporate social responsibility.
We offer opportunities for everyone throughout the world to realise their full potential, whatever their educational or financial starting point: we have broken the link between exclusivity and excellence.
- We are driven by quality
- We pursue excellence in everything we do, in our internationally recognised*research, teaching and delivery methods. It is this commitment to innovation and continuous improvement that keeps The Open University Business School at the forefront of global organisational, management and legal thinking: we are working with business for business.
The Open University Business School は組織研究で著名なチャールズ・ハンディにも高く評価されています。
You Can't Learn Management in a Classroom. Business Week
Date: 28 January, 2008
Charles Handy, a leading management thinker argues that MBAs need more real business world experience in their education. He said: “I have been particularly impressed by the Open University Business School based in Britain. This school relies on distance learning, with lectures delivered over the Internet, supplemented with fortnightly tutorial groups in the student's own locality, and an annual summer school. The students, of all ages and backgrounds, are encouraged to relate every set of concepts to their own situation in their fortnightly essays, thus cementing the learning in their own experience. Other schools employ distance learning technology, but few do it as successfully as the Open University Business School, whose students around Europe now number more than 25,000.”
Full article at http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/jan2008/bs20080125_786369.htm